LIFE'S A TRAVEL AND MEMORIES, THE PROOF!

COPYRIGHT NOTE

THE PHOTOS & CONTENTS ARE NOT TO BE TRANSFERRED/CONVERTED TO ANY OTHER MEDIUM. COPYRIGHT BREACH IS AN OFFENCE.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

31 TO 32, NOV-2013
































Ageing is romantic, nostalgic and elevates life to the next level which is an inevitable part of any life form that’s thrown onto the earth to survive, grow and die. It brings in maturity, charm, experience and courage to face the brute world we are living in today as it makes us go through all that is on offer, good and bad. Ageing brings along with it independence, intelligence, desire, responsibility, fun, pleasure and eventually takes us to the beginning – fear and dependency like when we were born. Ageing completes the circle of life and in doing so; it makes us go through enriching moments each day that help complete this circle. As I step into the 33rd year of my life it was a revelation to realize I was undergoing this transition at one of my favorite locations over Western Ghats, a place that I knew as the back of my palm. I had constantly watched the natural elements undergo the inevitable ageing process here for the past 5 years and it was sensational to understand how slow and steady the natural world undergoes ageing. When I compare the photo taken here of mine 5 years back with the one taken during this jaunt, I could see the change in age (Photos 10 and 11, old and new). But when I compare the photo taken here of the same tree 5 years back with the one taken during this jaunt there isn’t much difference I could delineate (Photos 6 and 7, old and new), such is the power of natural world. Nevertheless, when I think the other way around I begin to strongly feel ageing in humans have more powerful emotions built within. That photo of mine shot 5 years back captured me in absolute happiness that was sans stress or any pretentions hiding behind, while; the one captured more recently has a lot more to hide behind. Ageing has the power to tell, the power to expose if our life is on the right path and as years progress, our expressions eventually better the will to pretend. As I roamed through the familiar natural vistas during this 3 days jaunt, I was enthralled to learn there wasn’t a hint of ageing in this natural world familiar to me. People say age is just a number but it isn’t, for it widens the meaning of our existence. At 3 were kids and taken care-off, at 30 we had kids to take care-off and at 70 we were again the same as at 3; dependent and dreamless. Life is fast and its emotions are powerful, an act which seemed nothing at 30 will make us recognize what a sin it was at 70. We are obliged to be cautious at each corner of our life and when we don’t, we will eventually come across a corner that will throw up a painful surprise for us to suffer in eternity. When we are able to learn the meaning of our existence, when we are able understand the purpose of this life to us; then comes in the real meaning for this gift. Dreams and goals are to be set in proportion to our capability, interest and expertise and not in proportion to what others have achieved. When we begin to focus on “our” life, when we begin to love “our” life and when we begin to nurture “our” life; it’s when we begin to respect every “other” life on this planet for we begin to understand the rule is predefined and same for every life form, how every individual respects and carries them forward decides the overall quality of life. There is a stunning lack of this respect and discipline which has led to pain, suffering, fear, hatred and chaos through the modern world. When I look, listen, admire and understand the perfection of natural world it stuns me with a million volt pain as the human race struggles for “quality” life and “painless” existence. After 3 days of philosophical thoughts up there in the Ghats I was determined to correct the last few remaining flaws of my life and make it a perfect one. Leaves do fall, waters do dry up and life does ends; it’s all about how we steered our conscience through this vast sea of challenges and temptations. I have never recognized this more powerfully at any time before than at this juncture, when I transitioned from 31 to 32.

2 comments:

  1. Again one more wonderful virtual journey for me through your blog ! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Thank you for going through. Are you my friend? Or you are not known to me? When will you reveal the identity? Interesting; nevertheless.

      Delete